Force India has rejected the Marussia bid to run their 2014 car this season. This is after last minutes funds were raised by team to allow them to race this season.
The F1 stagey group made up of champions Mercedes, Red Bull, Williams, Ferrari, McLaren and Force India plus the governing FIA and commercial rights holders, met in Paris on Thursday. The Marussia team only required three out of four to agree.
Commercial rights holder, Berine Ecclestone said in The Independent “Maybe the other teams would have liked to use last year’s car. The trouble was that you can’t do these things for one team; you have got to do it for everybody.
Force India’s deputy principal Bob Fernley described the application as ‘speculative’. “During the meeting it emerged that there were compliance issues and that the application lacked substance,” he said.
Fernley said that no details had been given about the potential new owners or how the team would be run.
“the lack of information, uncertain guarantees, and the speculative nature of the application, the decision was taken that it is better to focus on ensuring the continued participation of the remaining independent teams,” he said.
Marussia have paid their entry fee for 2015, as Manor Grand Prix, and plan to come out of administration on Feb. 19 via a Company Voluntary Arrangement (CVA) agreed by creditors.
The team had the option to miss three races in order to make changes in order to meet the 2015 regulations. But there factory was sold to Haas in order to become there European base and Marussia could of used the Manor have a facility in Dinnington, northern England.