World champion Lewis Hamilton has been Forced to withdraw from the second pre-season test after feeling unwell. Meanwhile, fellow Mercedes driver Nico Rosberg has also withdrawn after being ordered to rest by doctors due to a sore neck.
Williams Suise Wolff provided the day’s action after she collided with Saubers Felipe Nasr. Mercedes has replaced both Hamilton and Rosberg with reserve driver, German Pascal Wehrlein.
A Mercedes spokesman said: “Lewis had a high fever this morning. He did the first few laps but he didn’t feel comfortable in the car.”
Pastor Maldonado set the fastest time despite having issues with a sensor in the morning allowing Felipe Nasr to go fastest early on. Daniel Ricciardo went third fastest ahead of Sergio Perez in the Sauber who was brought in to cover for Wehrlein.
Max Verstappen completed the most laps of the day finishing sixth fastest overall. McLaren still had problems with the power unit but Jenson Button had a good morning but was sidelined for the afternoon due to a faulty seal on the MGU-K part of his Honda power unit.
Weherin managed near identical times in both the Force India and Mercedes. While Kimi Raikkonen was second showing Ferrari was still fast after a good test earlier in the month while Ri
Marussia failed to take part in the last three races of 2014 after collapsing with financial problems, but are still planning to come out of administration in the near future.
Unofficial Thursday testing times from Barcelona:
- Pastor Maldonado, Lotus, 1m 25.011s, 69 laps
- Kimi Raikkonen, Ferrari, 1m 25.167s, 74 laps
- Daniel Ricciardo, Red Bull, 1m 25.547s, 59 laps
- Sergio Perez, Force India, 1m 26.636s, 34 laps
- Felipe Nasr, Sauber, 1m 27.307s, 79 laps
- Max Verstappen, Toro Rosso, 1m 27.900s, 94 laps
- Jenson Button, McLaren, 1m 28.182s, 21 laps
- Pascal Wehrlein, Force India, 1m 28.329s, 32 laps
- Pascal Wehrlein, Mercedes, 1m 28.489s, 48 laps
- Susie Wolff, Williams, 1m 28.906s, 86 laps
- Lewis Hamilton, Mercedes, 1m 30.429s, 11 laps