Daniel Ricciardo led the days pace for Red Bull on the second day of the second pre-season test in Barcelona. It was a tight day as Red Bull, Ferrari, Force India, Williams and Mercedes were all within a second of each other.
Ferrari continued there good form with Kimi Raikkonen going ahead of former team-mate Felipe Massa who was third fastest. Sergio Perez managed fourth using last year’s Force India. While Lewis Hamilton went faster than his team-mate Nico Rosberg as they shared driving duties.
It was a good day for Spaniard Fernando Alonso and McLaren who had their most productive so far even though the team are still waiting for a replacement seal on the MGU-K component of Honda’s engine.
GP2 Champion Jolyon Palmer went eighth fastest ahead of Marcus Ericsson’s sauber and Toro Rosso’s Carlos Sainz Junior rounded out the top 10.
Sainz Jr triggered the red flags shortly after midday when he went off and into the gravel at Turn 9. Ericsson caused a separate stoppage when he came to a halt on the start-finish line half an hour from the finish.
Unofficial Friday testing times from Barcelona:
- Daniel Ricciardo, Red Bull, 1m 24.574s, 143 laps
- Kimi Raikkonen, Ferrari, 1m 24.584s, 90 laps
- Felipe Massa, Williams, 1m 24.672s, 88 laps
- Sergio Perez, Force India, 1m 24.702s, 121 laps
- Lewis Hamilton, Mercedes, 1m 24.923s, 89 laps
- Nico Rosberg, Mercedes, 1m 25.556s, 66 laps
- Fernando Alonso, McLaren, 1m 25.961s, 59 laps
- Jolyon Palmer, Lotus, 1m 26.280s, 77 laps
- Marcus Ericsson, Sauber, 1m 27.334s, 113 laps
- Carlos Sainz Jr, Toro Rosso, 1m 28.945s, 100 laps