Felipe Massa was fastest on the final day of preseason testing for Williams ahead of Sauber’s Marcus Ericsson and the Mercedes of Lewis Hamilton. It was a difficult day for Hamilton as the team stopped running due to a hybrid issue.
Massa set his time while undertaking a qualifying simulation run in the afternoon, clocking a 1:23.500s. Massa’s time was the fastest time set so far at the circuit. Hamilton wasn’t able to set a time after lunch following a failure with the MGU-K that the team could not fix in time.
McLaren had problems with their day was cut short after a hydraulics issue, meaning Jenson Button managed just seven laps. Ericsson managed to complete a race simulation clocking the highest number of laps.
Daniil Kyvat managed 60 laps and also brought the red flags out after red flag he stopped at the pit exit in the morning, only did 16 laps in the afternoon. This brought the Russian’s tally to 60, as he finished fourth fastest, 2.4s off the pace.
Carlos Sainz Jr stopped at Turn 10 in the afternoon, bringing out the red flag for the second time. Sainz Jr finished seventh after doing 59 laps finishing ahead of Jenson Button.
Elsewhere, Grosjean completed 53 laps and Ferrari’s Kimi Raikkonen 57 as they finished fifth and sixth respectively
- Felipe Massa (Williams) 1:23.500 (103 laps)
- Marcus Ericsson (Sauber) 1:24.276 (122)
- Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes) 1:24.881 (48)
- Daniil Kvyat (Red Bull) 1:25.947 (75)
- Romain Grosjean (Lotus) 1:26.177 (75)
- Kimi Raikkonen (Ferrari) 1:26.327 (80)
- Carlos Sainz (Toro Rosso) 1:26.962 (86)
- Jenson Button (McLaren) 1:31.479 (7)